- Preprint “Haplotype-aware sequence-to-graph alignment” is now online (project led by Ghanshyam)
- Preprint “Telomere-to-telomere assembly by preserving contained reads” is now online (project led by Sudhanva and Mehak)
- Jyotshna receives ACM-W Scholarhip
- Ghanshyam receives Intel Research Fellowship (2023-24)
- Parvesh Barak begins his M.Tech. research program in the lab. Welcome!
- Co-organizing Symposium on Big Data Algorithms for Biology (BDBIO)
- Vidushi, Dyotana and Jyotshna win 1st place prize at Genomics Hackathon at Centre for Brain Research IISc
- Ghanshyam receives research funding through EMPOWER program from Kotak IISc AI-ML Centre
- Chirag gives a talk on “Graph representation of human genomes” at the NTU-IISc Symposium on Health and Life Sciences. Slides here.
- Ghanshyam’s first paper from PhD is accepted at RECOMB (acceptance rate = 20%)
- Extended abstracts submitted by Ghanshyam and Kushagra are accepted at HiPC SRS
- Daanish is awarded Prime Minister Research Fellowship
- Chirag receives NERSC High Performance Computing Achievement Award
- SERB SRG research funding is awarded to our group for the project titled Algorithmic techniques for compression of population-scale sequencing data
- Ghanshyam Chandra, Sudhanva Kamath and Jyotshna Rajput begin their research program in ATCG group. Welcome!
- Bhavay Aggarwal (CSE, IIITD) joins us as a project intern. Welcome!
- Aniswar Ramalingam (IITM CS U.G. student) joins us as project intern. He’ll be co-advised with Prof. Simmhan. Welcome!
- Chirag receives Pratiksha Trust Young Investigator Award
- Chirag starts ATCG (Algorithmic Techniques for Computational Genomics) lab in CDS, IISc